We decorated our tree about a week or so ago but here are some pictures. Just so you all know we have this tree from like the 70's that we got from Bryce's parents. I will just say that I am ready for a new one. I couldn't even get it to stay in the stand so if it is tugged on just a little bit the whole thing will come down. Not so good with a 1 year old. Plus the top part is broken and doesn't stay in straight so you can't really put on a tree topper. I tried anyway because Taylor loved the star at the top, but it is crooked. Taylor and Brooklyn trying on the Santa hat and playing with the snowmen ornaments. Taylor loved the snowmen. Brooklyn likes to play a game where she puts the whole hat over her face and you have to say "Where is Brooklyn?" and then she pulls the hat off. Taylor gets a kick out of it.
Taylor trying to put on the star, not quite tall enough yet (for like 2 days he just wanted to wear sweats).
They both are obsessed with these little trees that I have and they like to unplug and plug them in all day long.
Our tree looks the best in the dark with the Christmas lights on. This is it, well actually I don't think any of the ornaments are on yet. Those took a few days to do. Taylor just wanted to play with all of his.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Getting the Tree Ready
Posted by Jamie at 4:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
beautiful tree! I love it:)
Have Christmas trees changed that much since the 70's? I don't think they can really look too dated. I love the sweats comment about Taylor. Oh and P.S. we just got your Chrismtas Card, it is so cute. That is a great picture of your family.
My kids wanted to play with their ornaments too! They always seem to be on the floor! We are in the same situation as far as the tree goes! I think I have matt talked into getting a new one, however he wants a colored light tree and I want all white lights, whatever we decide we will be buying it at the after christmas sell for next year!
Hey, I like the tree! We just bought a fake (or atrificial to be correct) tree this year that is pre-light and it was a delight to take it out of the box and plug it in. We got it at Costco in case you are looking and it was a pretty good price too. It looks really authentic. Then, I just bought a pine candle and I really do have everyone fooled. Everyone says, hey where did you find such a nice tree in Montana? (You know because they all look like crap here!)
Post a Comment