Monday, September 29, 2008

Heat, anyone?

A week ago we all packed up and headed down to Phoenix, Arizona. Bryce was going there for a work thing so we didn't see him until the weekend and the rest of us went down there to visit my sister and her husband, plus my mom and dad went down there. I had to fly with both kids by myself which was pretty difficult. Taylor did a good job pushing Brooklyn in the stroller while I hauled all of our crap to the ticket counter. We had two bags and a carseat, plus a diaper bag and purse so my hands were full. Anyway we made it on the plane, after waiting about 2 1/2 hours since Bryce's flight left before ours and then when we got there we had to wait for my mom to fly in to take us to my grandma's. Traveling day was not very fun but we made it to the hot city.
Taylor on the plane, too bad he really wasn't sleeping.



This was the Arizona Science Center they had this weather thing where you stand in the middle of these tv's on a platform and it goes through all types of weather, a fire, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, and rain. They made it so you could feel each thing. These are the kids reactions, Taylor mainly had his ears plugged the whole time and Brooklyn was into it.


Those crazy digital picture distorter things. The kids loved that.
Here are the kids at the zoo. It was 95 degrees out but it felt like 110. Can you tell? My kids were all flushed and sweaty, they had a good time though.

We tried to go bowling but they didn't have any lanes available for awhile so instead we played in the game room for a little bit. Taylor actually won those yellow dice. He was directing the claw and bryce just pushed the button since the time was running out and look at what he won. He was so proud.

My sister kept getting these frogs at her house from a nieghbor down the road, there was one on their porch one night so the kids decided to torture it by poking it with a stick. Poor frog, it was still there in the morning though.

My sister and her husband are great cooks and one night for dinner they planned a fondue night. I was really excited for this and it turned out excellent. They had all kinds of meat and two different sauces to cook them in with a great salad and wonderful mashed potatoes. I was so yummy. Then after the kids went to bed we had dessert fondue, Yummy. Chocolate with bananas, pineapple, pretzels, rice krispie treats, strawberries, and even nutter butters.

Then on Saturday my sister and I spent the day out doing girly things. We first went and got pedicures, why hadn't I done that before? Then we went to lunch, went and got back massages in a couples room with two male masooses (I don't know how to spell it). Last minute, that's why we got the males, and then we went and got manicures. It was great to be with my sister and no chillins for a few hours. Thank you so much Amy and matt for everything, letting us stay at your house, and everything else. Wished we lived closer.

Sorry such a long post.

4 comments:

brittany said...

That sounds like such a fun trip! I love the pictures of your kids in the science center. so fun!

Jaeson and Traci Repscher said...

What a fun time! It is always nice to get out of town and go somewhere different. I love going somewhere where there are fun things to do. We are getting kindof tired of the Museum of the Rockies! Glad you guys are doing well.

Jaeson and Traci Repscher said...

I made my comment and then scrolled down to see if I had missed any earlier posts. Yeah! Babies! Congrats! For me, baby #3 was a fairly smooth transition. The second was harder. You are such a good mom and so calm about things, you will be just fine. So excited for you guys!

Stacey said...

I'm so jealous still that you got to go to AZ. We miss it!!! Looks like you had so much fun! I'm so glad. :) The pictures are great