Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fire

Yesterday evening I was in the family room with Taylor feeding Madison and I hear Bryce saying something to Brooklyn to stop doing something. When I was done I walked into the kitchen to see that the toaster oven had a fire in it. So Bryce had been in the kitchen the whole time but he was washing stuff from the grill and wasn't paying close attention to Brooklyn. He said he had seen Brooklyn by the toaster but wasn't sure what she was doing.


Well the fire in the toaster just kept growing, the fire alarm was going off, and Taylor was getting scared. The thing that started the fire was now leaking out of the toaster and burning a hole in the countertop. Bryce finally got it unplugged and took it outside to get the fire out. While transporting it though
it was dripping causing more holes in the counter top. Come to find out Brooklyn had stuck a plastic cup in it and turned on the oven part causing it to melt and catch on fire. I really have to watch that girl, next thing I know it will be the whole house.This isn't just a nasty dirty toaster oven, that is the green cup melted and burned in it.The lovely three burn marks now in the counter.

5 comments:

Highlights said...

Oh Darn it! I'm glad no one got hurt! Sorry about your counter.

Tiffany said...

Wait...so when you came into the kitchen, Bryce still had not noticed the fire? Wow. Isn't it scary to realize what trouble your little rascals are capable of? It's amazing she didn't get burned!I'm glad the damage was minimal and no injuries occured.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Your children are little demon seeds. What until she becomes a teenager. Just give her some birth control when she turns 12 because you are screwed. I hope you spanked her like back in the old days when we used to get smacked. Make sure you spank Bryce too.

Jaeson and Traci Repscher said...

Woah, you had better keep your eye on her. She likes to test things out it sounds like. Good thing she is so stinkin' cute or you might get really mad at her. Seriously, she is so cute.